Some things you might want to know about the furniture we build…
- EVERYTHING we sell is solid wood.
- We have a showroom & workshop in Opelika, AL where the majority of our building and finishing is done. We’d love for you to stop by!
- We do all of our finishes by hand. Although a paint/stain sprayer is a faster way to finish, it just doesn’t look as beautiful as something done by hand.
- Because everything is handmade and made of actual real wood, it’s not perfect. Real wood has knots and unevenness and variations in the grain– that’s how God made it and we LOVE it! Each piece of wood is perfectly imperfect which makes every piece of furniture we sell unique.
- We put (a lot) of sealer on our furniture. We want your whole family to make memories around the furniture we build for you. You can put warm plates, cups with condensation, etc. directly on our tables and they won’t leave rings. Spills can be easily wiped up and will not mess up the finish at all.
- We don’t use reclaimed wood. Most reclaimed barn wood has pesticides, insecticides, and other harmful chemicals on it. Yes, in theory using reclaimed wood is great because you’re doing the earth a favor. But when you put these chemicals in your home, you aren’t doing your family a favor. I know that not all reclaimed wood has been treated. But, it’s just not a liability I’m willing to take on. I am, however, able to make your wood furniture look as old and worn as you want it to look– without compromising your families health.
- We have 5 employees who paint, stain, and seal and we have 4 different builders. We’ve been so blessed to find each of them! They are all extremely dependable and work hard every day to make sure every piece of furniture we sell is amazing.
- We give every bit of the glory to God for our business. Seriously. One day I hope to write a book describing how God’s fingerprints have been all over this business.